WELCOME TO L.L. LEE'S NEW BLOG

A BLOG THAT DISCUSSES L.L. LEE'S BOOKS. ALL OF THE NOVELS HAVE STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS. SOME OF THE BOOKS SUCH AS THOSE IN THE SISTERS SERIES ARE HUMOROUS. OTHERS, LIKE JUDE'S BENCH OR A BENCH ON THE BEACH ARE MORE SERIOUS. AND IN SENIOR CAMP 2035, THE WOMEN PROTAGONISTS FACE HORROR WITH BRAVERY AND DETERMINATION IN DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

MANY YEARS LATER

Bio For Nurses Reunion

My partner, Jerry asked why I was having so much trouble writing a short bio for
my Charity nurses reunion. He said:
You graduated, you married Mike Lee, the love of your life. You had a son, you
adopted a daughter. You worked as a psychiatric nurse. You went back to school
and got a degree in psychology, then back to school and got a masters in
English. You wrote all this time. You were a wife, a mother, a grandmother of
two great kids and then Mike died, suddenly and too young at age 62. You
survived Katrina, took a trip to Europe a year after the storm where you met me
and lived happily ever after.
That would be one way to sum it up. But the fifty years since I graduated from
Charity is a period of love gained, love lost and love regained. So many family
members lost. My father, my mother at age 91 two years ago. My sister, Diane at
age 57. My dear friends, Rana, Linda and Mimi. My mother-in-law, my
brother-in-law, two nephews. And my wonderful husband, Michael Vinson Lee, who
died in 2003.
And the people who came into my life. My newest grandchild, Elin, only two years
old, Jerry and his seven children and ten grandchildren. New friends and family.
So much has happened in my life since Charity. And I have written about it. In
my fiction and non-fiction. My book, Jude’s Bench is a autobiographical
fictional account of my life. My Sisters Series are comedies/capers involving
mature women from Louisiana who travel and reflect the humor and love I feel for
my own sisters.
The one book I am really proud of is How To Survive Menopause Without Going
Crazy. I wrote it years ago and it has been revised several times. I could never
have written this book without a nursing background.. The book is written by
Leona Lipari Lee, MA RN. And I am so glad I got that RN from Charity. By the
way, we read it when I first wrote it. Now our daughters are reading it. It is
still available on Amazon & Kindle.
Thanks,
Lee
:
For more information about me & my writing, please go to
:www.amazon.com/author/lllee



No comments:

Post a Comment