WELCOME TO L.L. LEE'S NEW BLOG

A BLOG THAT DISCUSSES L.L. LEE'S BOOKS. ALL OF THE NOVELS HAVE STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS. SOME OF THE BOOKS SUCH AS THOSE IN THE SISTERS SERIES ARE HUMOROUS. OTHERS, LIKE JUDE'S BENCH OR A BENCH ON THE BEACH ARE MORE SERIOUS. AND IN SENIOR CAMP 2035, THE WOMEN PROTAGONISTS FACE HORROR WITH BRAVERY AND DETERMINATION IN DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

NEW YEAR, NEW NOVEL, The Sisters: Ten Days in Sicily

I woke up this morning thinking about 2013. So much happened. I sadly observed the 10th anniversary of Mike's death and his 72nd birthday on Christmas Day. I was sad as usual during the holidays as I missed so many loved ones besides Mike who made the holidays special over the years: Rana, Diane, Linda, Mimi, my mom. I talk to my loved ones who are no longer with me fairly often. I talk to them even more during the holidays. I tell them how hard it is to go on without them, without their love and support. I call upon them when I feel lonely and need help coping. I know they are still there for me. I knew that this morning as I reflected on 2013.
Because this morning I realized that 2013 was a good year for me. In fact, I had a wonderful time. My new partner, Jerry, and I had a busy, fun year. We travelled on a cruise to the Islands, we went to Canada and saw Niagara Falls with a tour group. And best of all, we went to Sicily where we spent 10 wonderful days touring the land of my ancestors with my son, Mike and my daughter-in-law, Randi and my two teenage grandchildren, Olivia and Connor.
That vacation is reflected in the biggest accomplishment of the year, my new novel, The Sisters: Ten Days in Sicily. This latest book in the Sisters Series is fun. I loved writing it. It makes me smile when I read it. It reflects the pride I have in this land of my ancestors, the love I have for its people and the beauty of the country.
And so, I begin a new year with a sense of hope and promise and joy. I gave myself a gift and I want to share it with you. It's the gift of finding yourself, your roots, your past loves, your present ones, and your future joys. It's called The Sisters: Ten Days in Sicily.
L.L.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment