WELCOME TO L.L. LEE'S NEW BLOG

A BLOG THAT DISCUSSES L.L. LEE'S BOOKS. ALL OF THE NOVELS HAVE STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS. SOME OF THE BOOKS SUCH AS THOSE IN THE SISTERS SERIES ARE HUMOROUS. OTHERS, LIKE JUDE'S BENCH OR A BENCH ON THE BEACH ARE MORE SERIOUS. AND IN SENIOR CAMP 2035, THE WOMEN PROTAGONISTS FACE HORROR WITH BRAVERY AND DETERMINATION IN DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Friday, May 8, 2015

REMEMBERING MAMA ON MOTHER'S DAY

Mama lives on in all of my novels, especially The Sisters Series. The mama in my books is a strong Sicilian who totally adores and dominates her adult children. She is proud of them and always has their backs. She lives for her children and expects total devotion from them.
My mama was a lot like that character. But there were lots of differences, too. Mama was extremely sharp even as she approached her 90th birthday. And she was very interesting and interested in everything. She knew politics and entertainment, sports and religion. She knew more about medicine than most doctors. She was also an avid gardener.
I could talk to Mama about almost anything. I talked with her every Sunday for years. If I felt bad, I would call her up. If I had any problem, I knew she would be able to help. I miss her so much.
Mama lives on in my novels and will continue to live on as I write my next book, The Forever Saints Fan Club. I give a true account of her devotion to the New Orleans Saints team. Mama was a woman of great faith. She was a believer and she believed in her Saints no matter what. So this Sunday, my message to Mama in heaven is Happy Mothers Day. I love you and sure do miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment