WELCOME TO L.L. LEE'S NEW BLOG

A BLOG THAT DISCUSSES L.L. LEE'S BOOKS. ALL OF THE NOVELS HAVE STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS. SOME OF THE BOOKS SUCH AS THOSE IN THE SISTERS SERIES ARE HUMOROUS. OTHERS, LIKE JUDE'S BENCH OR A BENCH ON THE BEACH ARE MORE SERIOUS. AND IN SENIOR CAMP 2035, THE WOMEN PROTAGONISTS FACE HORROR WITH BRAVERY AND DETERMINATION IN DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

MY LITTLE MEMOIR

I watched the New Orleans Saints lose today and felt very sad. My little tribute, The Forever Saints Fan Club is now on the market, but I have mixed feelings about promoting it as a Saints Team tribute. Because it really is a tribute to four people I loved very much who loved the Saints as much as they loved me. My husband, Mike, my mother, Mama, my sister, Diane and my best friend, Linda were avid, totally devoted Saints fans. I remember them in this little memoir because I loved them and because they inspired me to be a better person.
My four loved ones would have taken the loss today with disappointment, but without giving up on them. The loved the Saints unconditionally. They would be looking forward to next weeks game. On the other hand, I remain a fair-weather fan. I can't handle loss of any kind. So, I am sad today because I watched this game without them. I still need them to give me hope for all the losses in my life. I wrote The Forever Saints Fans as an inspirational tribute. But it is my loved ones who I need to inspire me. To give me hope. To say, "Just wait til next week."

No comments:

Post a Comment