WELCOME TO L.L. LEE'S NEW BLOG

A BLOG THAT DISCUSSES L.L. LEE'S BOOKS. ALL OF THE NOVELS HAVE STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS. SOME OF THE BOOKS SUCH AS THOSE IN THE SISTERS SERIES ARE HUMOROUS. OTHERS, LIKE JUDE'S BENCH OR A BENCH ON THE BEACH ARE MORE SERIOUS. AND IN SENIOR CAMP 2035, THE WOMEN PROTAGONISTS FACE HORROR WITH BRAVERY AND DETERMINATION IN DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

AGING & ROMANCE: AN EXCERPT FROM A GOOD CATCH

I looked in the mirror the other day and realized that I looked my age. Not a good thing. My companion tells me he finds me attractive, but I think he says that because he loves me and is basically a kind man. Anyway, the last book I wote, A GOOD CATCH deals with the fact that even as we get older, being in love or with a caring person can make us feel young. Maybe just young at heart. But that's enough, isn't it? Heres the excerpt:

 
I am almost 69 years old. Luke always told me how beautiful I was. Even when my boobs started to sag and my lips got thinner and my waist got thicker. I manage to stay in fairly good shape with the help of Curves, but my legs are covered with broken vessels, the veins on my hands are starting to protrude, my neck tells my age and I even have a couple of wrinkles on my face. My mom who is ninety years old tells me I could pass for someone in my fifties but she can’t see very well. And now that Luke is gone, I do need a lot of convincing that my body, if not exactly hot, is still okay. Yes, Patrick O’Keefe may be a good catch, but because I don’t have a lot of self-confidence about my body, I do believe if someone caught each of us and only one of us was a keeper, I’m the one that most definitely would get thrown back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment